Aphrodisiac Herb & Semen Quality Promoting Herb: This herb exerts its aphrodisiac action by being an herbal rejuvenative and nervine herb. It is able to tone up the nervous system. The quality and quantity of semen is raised.
Withania somnifera is equally effective in females. It doesn't work like a stimulant herb that give good result in the short term. Rather, WS is a healthier choice for the long term. WS benefits in dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) associated with physical weakness.
Anti-Vata & Anti-Kapha: Vata and Kapha doshas or bodily humors are pacified by this herb. However WS is not easily digested herb. So people with poor digestion should take it with some digestive additives or they can take it as herbal extract. WS is bitter and astringent in taste.
Body Strength promoting & Rejuvenative Herb: Withania somnifera is herb of choice for promoting the strength of body. Its rejuvenative action is also famous. With these properties, it is used in muscle weakness and degenerative disorders like arthritis. WS provides nutrition to all the seven tissues and so it is good for the whole body (Rasayana).
Miscellaneous Actions: The use of WS is extolled in Ayurvedic medicine for Leucoderma or white patches, persons with lean and thin bodies, persons who are not maturing properly according to their age, height and weight; in edema, in tubercular infections as adjuvant. Know more about traditional Ashwagandha benefits...
Clinical Research Supported Ashwagandha Benefits
Ashwagandha Names, Phytochemistry and Dosage:
Find names of Withania somnifera in Sanskrit and other languages, its phytochemistry and biologically active ingredients and the dosage in various forms and preparations. Know more about these details of Withania smonifera...
Ashwagandha Benefits Through Brain Chemicals:
- GABA-mimetic activity having anxiolytic effect.
- Inhibiting Cholinesterase and thereby retaining Acetylcholine for longer time.
- Slowing down of tolerance of the analgesic effects of morphine.
- Nootropic like effect in mice.
- Induction of axon and dendrite outgrowth and resulting in neuritis regeneration and synaptic reconstruction. Know more about adaptogenic effects of Ashwagandha...
Ashwagandha As Immunity Boosting Herb:
- Immunity stimulating effect through Macrophages.
- Raised antibody titer against Bordetella pertusis strains (responsible for Diphtheria).
- Protective effect in Cyclophosphamide induced myelosuppression.
- Beneficial in Ageing and Copper induced lipid peroxidation.
- WS helping in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Know more about the immuno-protective, immunity boosting effects of Withania somnifera...
Ashwagandha As Adaptogenic And Anti-Stress Herb:
- Comparative to Ginseng in Chronic stress models.
- Protective effect in stress induced neuronal degeneration.
- Helping to achieve better state to fight against stress.
- Preventing stress related ulcer. Know more about adaptogenic and anti-stress related effects of Ashwagandha...
Ashwagandha As Herbal Rejuvenative And Reproductive Aid:
- As a great rejuvenative herb in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Beneficial in degenerative disorders like arthritis, diabetes and hypertension.
- Ashwagandha is a potent inhibitor of angiogenesis and it has the potential in cancer prevention and treatment.
- Increasing Libido and sexual function.
- Increasing the sperm count.
- Supporting female reproductive system with increase in ovarian weight and increased folliculogenesis. Know more about the herbal rejuvenative and reproductive system related effects of Ashwagandha...
Ashwagandha Offering A Potential Role In Cancer Therapy:
- Anti-carcinogenic activity.
- Growth inhibition of human tumor cell lines.
- Counteracting mutagenic effect.
- WS possessing anti-proliferative properties.
- As a natural source of potent radiosensitizer or chemotherapeutic agent.
- Useful in Ascitic Sarcoma.
- Useful in Melanoma induced metastasis.
- Supportive in Skin carcinoma in rats.
- Supports DMBA induced Squamous cell carcinoma. Know more about these properties...
- Enhancing cellular immune response to mitogens.
- Reversing Paclitaxel induced Neutropenia.
- Anti-granuloma, anti-oxidative and chemoprotective activity. Know more about Ashwagandha properties as having potential in Cancer management...
Ashwagandha In Parkinson's And Alzheimer's Disease:
- Presence of L-dopa in a herbal formulation with WS.
- Cognition enhancing and memory improving activity through Cholinergic channels.
- Mood stabilizer, Learning enhancement and memory retention. Find more info about Ashwagandha related to these disorders...
Ashwagandha As Free Radical Scavenger & Antioxidant:
- Increasing the three natural antioxidants in rat's brain.
- Immuno-stimulation through Nitric oxide (NO) production in Macrophage.
- Dose dependent free radical scavenging and protective effect on DNA cleavage.
- Useful in Iron overload and Lead toxicity.
- Preventing Neuroleptic induced Extra pyramidal side effects. Get more info about these effects of Ashwagandha...